- Weed Eaters Review
- 1. Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer
- 2. PowerShare Cordless String Trimmer & Edger
- 3. CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger
- 4. BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer
- 5. Skil CB7478-10 PWRCore 40 Brushless 40V Cordless 14” String Trimmer and Blower
- 6. PowerSmart Cordless String Trimmer
- 8. Earthwise LST02010 20-Volt 10-Inch Cordless String Trimmer
- 9. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ST00213S 13-Inch 4-Amp Corded Electric String Trimmer
- 10. Swift 40V Cordless Double Blade Grass Trimmer and Leaf Blower
- Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying a Weed Eater
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions About Weed Eaters
Gardening is one of the most emerging hobbies in the youth nowadays. It not only soothes and refreshes the mind but also generates a new soul in the human body. The colorful flowers and grassy lawns require certain nutrition for maintenance.
The weeds often hinder their livelihood. The weeds are undesirable plants that grow near the flowers and useful plants that mostly include roses and other flowering plants. Science provides the solution to every problem.
So, in this regard, it has developed certain instruments to kill these undesirable nasty plants, known as weed eaters. Weed eaters also remove the weeds that are usually not accessible by the lawn movers.
Weed Eaters Review
Here are some of the most desirable weed eaters you can use to get rid of those nasty plants that hinder the growth of your grassy lawns, gardens, and flowering plants. We have shortlisted them on a different basis that is given below:
- Best Overall: Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer
- Best Quality: WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V Power Share Cordless String Trimmer & Edger
- Best Runner up: Battery-Powered CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger
- Best Cordless Weed Eater: BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer
- Best Brushless Weedeater: Skil CB7478-10 PWR Core 40 Brushless 40V Cordless 14” String Trimmer and Blower
- Best Battery: Power Smart Cordless String Trimmer
- Best Pocket Friendly: HUYOSEN 51.7CC Grass String Trimmers
- Best Designed Weed Eater: Earthwise LST02010 20-Volt 10-Inch Cordless String Trimmer
- Best Cutting Edge Diameter Weed Eater: Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ST00213S 13-Inch 4-Amp Corded Electric String Trimmer
- Best Double Blade Weed Eater: Swift 40V Cordless Double Blade Grass Trimmer and Leaf Blower
1. Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer
- Large cutting diameter
- Functioning is electrically operated
- Quick connect coupler
- Consists of a comfortable grip
- No pungent smell of gas fumes
- Variable speed control
- May only be fit for a small yard
For someone who is looking for a powerful weed eater as well as lightweight, the Greenworks corded string trimmer might be a perfect choice. It works on the gas fumes principle and thus does not produce any type of pungent smell. This product has a motor that takes only 10-ampere current with 18 inches cutting diameter. Its weight is only 4 pounds, and the company provides a four years warranty.
Having a comfortable grip while using a device is also very important, and this device lives up to the expectations. It has a better electrical system than any other device and is easy to carry as it’s very lightweight. As it is a corded unit, so you don’t have to worry about the battery or charging running out; just plug it and eliminate the weed with just a click.
- Possesses two batteries
- Handle is adjustable
- Can trim that place where you can not go
- Three years warranty
- Command feed spool system
- Battery life may be unpredictable, and unsure
PowerShare is very efficient and weighs only up to 6 pounds. The spacer guard of this product protects the flowers and other plants and avoids overcutting. It possesses two 20 volt batteries whose functions can be interchanged.
As the name indicates, the edger provides the cutting at 90 degrees. The rubberized wheels provide an excellent straight cutting pattern. Its access to the place is not reached by the usual lawnmower or any other gardening tool.
3. CRAFTSMAN V20 String Trimmer / Edger
- Vast cutting diameter of 13 inches
- Good battery timing
- Contains an adjustable shaft
- Trim easily up to a three-acre yard
- Only one battery is available
This product has 13 inches of cutting diameter with an excellent battery timing system. It offers two-speed settings for battery life optimization. The weight of this weed eater is only 13 pounds. The company also provides a three-year warranty. This model is one of the most distinguishing features of the CRAFTSMAN brand. It is highly durable and long-lasting in its efficiency and efficacy. It consists of an adjustable shaft to easily trim up to three acres of yards.
The advanced two-speed settings feature allows you to choose either more power or more runtime, making trimming a cakewalk for you. This weed eater is a perfect example of capability and functionality because of the ergonomic telescoping pole that helps you to handle and maneuver this unit easily.
4. BLACK+DECKER 40V Max Cordless Sweeper & String Trimmer
- Low noise production
- Can easily be converted to a trimmer
- Charging indicator provides the remaining battery life
- Automatic feed spool system
- Fewer efforts required
- Comes only with one battery
- No back up if the battery dies in between
The battery-operated weed eaters are usually considered not effective because of their short usage time. However, this product provides excellent battery timing with a 14-volt battery. Its weight is 11 pounds with two years limited warranty by the company.
This model comes as a combo kit with a leaf blower. It does not create very much design, but this product is also very compatible with the 36-volt Lithium-Ion System. This removes the extra shrubs and other thicky stems that grow in the lawns and are not cleared out by the lawnmower.
5. Skil CB7478-10 PWRCore 40 Brushless 40V Cordless 14” String Trimmer and Blower
- Powerful battery that lasts up to one hour
- Consists of a combo unit
- Cordless yard tool
- Avoids damage to flowers
- Battery is protected by colling material
- Cooling fan isn’t noiseless
- Sounds like an aircraft while charging
This Skill CB7478-10 weed eater provides efficient services without any difficulty in maintaining the gas. From heavy leaves to large grass to heavy shrubs and debris, this powerful trimmer with its brushless turbine fan, removes everything, giving you a clean and clear garden.
The battery of this unit is protected by some cooling material that increases the battery timing up to 25 percent. One of the best features that we appreciate about this digital product is that within 15 minutes, it can charge up to 30%, which means its fast charging feature will charge it to full power in no time. The variable speed lever makes it unique and versatile, protects the flowers from cutting, and gives smooth cutting.
6. PowerSmart Cordless String Trimmer
- Excellent battery timing
- Two years limited warranty
- Offers good balance
- Simple yet unique design
- Short charging time
- Might be a bit heavy to use
Are you looking for a weed eater that is flexible and portable? If yes, then the PowerSmart cordless string trimmer is the ideal fit for you. It is a dual-purpose digital product that can easily be converted from trimmer to edger in the blink of an eye. PowerSmart is one of the greatest alternatives to gas-powered string trimmers. The beautiful design with an auxiliary adjustable handle makes it unique and admirable.
It is ultra-lightweight with only 7.5 pounds and 10 inches cutting diameter. 20-volt Lithium-Ion cordless string trimmer with 1.5 Ah super battery that only requires one-hour charging to fulfill the working demands is an integral characteristic of this product.
7. HUYOSEN 51.7CC Grass String Trimmers
- Easy-to-start machine
- consists of two years warranty
- Trimmer is rust-free
- Professional and portable tool
- Powerful gas grass trimmer
- Might get heated after long usage
- Cast iron is not durable
This trimmer has a telescopic aluminum shaft that is rust-resistant and provides ease to the user very well. It is designed both for professional and home usage. It is ideal for cutting thick weeds and brushes.
Huyosen is quite easy to operate as it provides the best engine system, and different lengths and tools can be adjusted according to the requirement. The nylon line trimmer attachment is designed for mowing and trimming, making it unique in its style. Consequently, it fulfills the demands of the user very efficiently.
8. Earthwise LST02010 20-Volt 10-Inch Cordless String Trimmer
- Three adjustable cut head positions
- Easy to handle as there is comfortable rubber over the handle
- Excellent tool for yard work and tool-less assembly
- Flip-down steel edge that protects from over cutting
- Rotating trimmer head for easy use
- Proper care of the instrument is required.
Earthwise is a powerful 20-volt trimmer with 2 Ah. Lithium-ion battery and faster charger. It is a long-lasting and very efficient product with a superior runtime motor. As it is chargeable, it does not require any oil or other fuel to work.
Its usage is very convenient and does not require any specific maintenance. A two-year warranty is available. It is one of the most widely rated and reviewed products at Amazon. This clears out all the thick shrubs and weeds that create unpleasant smells and alter the mood badly.
9. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools ST00213S 13-Inch 4-Amp Corded Electric String Trimmer
- Two years warranty
- Offers adjustable handle
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Fast rotation speed of the cord
- Useful for cutting thick bushes
- Careful handling of electric string cord required
Scotts possesses the powerful 4 amperes electric motor for cutting the extra bushes and grasses. Being an electronic device, it does not require any fuel and gas for work. The handle is adjustable and is telescoping in nature. It has a built-in cord retention hook for easy and convenient grass cutting.
It consists of a 13 inches cutting diameter of the blade that works to save time. Even though the company provides a two years warranty, the device works very well. It can be called a reliable and durable trimmer. Due to its adjusting nature, it provides more comfort and facilitates the user.
10. Swift 40V Cordless Double Blade Grass Trimmer and Leaf Blower
- Contains a 40-volt lithium battery
- Has a 10 inches blade
- Battery time up to one hour and twenty minutes
- Eco and user friendly
- Superb and robust design
- Careful charging required
The Swift cordless weed eater is unique in its combination and possesses the cordless leaf blower with 10 inches strong nylon blade cutting system that increases the cutting efficiency and makes the product more admirable by the users. It includes a 40-volt lithium battery with a charger. An extra system of four blades can also be adjusted depending on the requirement.
It does not create any type of noise, and thus it is eco and user-friendly. The blower is easy to use as it reduces the arm’s stress by weighing only 3.1 kg. Safety guards protect the user from any type of inconvenience.
Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying a Weed Eater
Buying an accurate weed eater nowadays is tough, as one can easily get confused over different items at a time. There is no need to worry about it. We have gathered the information from different reviews and provided you with a handy and strategic buyer guide for guidance. The following are the things that a buyer must know before buying any weed eater.
1. Power source
The weed eater is usually powered by gas, fuel, or battery. The battery may be chargeable or non-chargeable; all cut equally well. However, battery weed eaters provide more efficient results than other types of weed eaters. The gas-powered weed eaters usually come in two-cycle and four-cycle design. However, due to their noisy effect and undesirable fumes, they are usually not liked very much.
The design of the weed eater might be curved shaft string trimmers or straight shaft string trimmers. The first type being shorter in length and can be curved near the blades to provide more accurate and comfortable working. The second type has unique landscaping features, and they are heavier than the first one. So, you need to buy that weed eater that is more comfortable for you to use.
3. Cutting width
The blade size usually ranges from 10 to 14 inches on average, and the more width of the blade is, the higher the diameter of the grassy lawn will be cut out. Hence, less effort and time will be utilized. The rest of the time can be utilized in some productive activities and also enhance gardening maintenance. However, for smaller lawns and yards, the smaller diameter of the blade is usually recommended.
4. Safety guards
Some trimmers offer the safety guard along with the weed eaters, and some do not. It depends on the company and the brand. For working with the smaller safety guards, high experience is required. The safety guards usually cover the head when you are working.
It is essential to keep in mind the weight of the weed eater, and the lighter weight provides more efficient working as they are easy to carry and thus portable. However, the heavier weed eaters are difficult to handle and carry. Mostly lightweight weed eaters are preferred as they are easy to work with. To make them lighter weight, different materials are used, like aluminum alloy for making of the shaft. It is not only rust-free but also durable and efficient.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions About Weed Eaters
We know after reading our above guide you have got a lot of questions but don’t worry, we are here to solve all your queries. Hence here are some of the questions that are frequently asked about weed eaters. They all are collected from the reviews of users worldwide to provide maximum ease to the consumers. We hope that they will be beneficial to you.
1. How to maintain weed eater?
The instruments that come with their case should be packed immediately after usage. This will increase the durability of the weed eater. Plug the charger after charging and do not overcharge as this can harm the functionality of the battery.
2. Why should we prefer battery-driven weed eaters?
Battery driven weed eaters are preferred as they are noise-free and echo friendly. They do not create any sort of disturbance for the user or customer. They are efficient, long-lasting, and durable. Users have reported feeling comfortable with them.
3. What does the feed system mean in the weed eater?
It is the system that controls how much the string to be fed out from the head. It may be an automatic feed system in fashion or a bump feed system, and this bump fed system requires more effort and more damage as you smash the ground with heavy force.
4. Should You buy a corded or cordless string weed eater?
Nowadays, cordless trimmers are in fashion as they are unique and very easy to handle. Being chargeable, they provide the excellent battery life of the weed eater. As far as the corded string trimmers are concerned, they are mostly noisy and are heavily weighted.
5. Where to buy weed eaters?
Anyone can buy any weed eater depending on its requirements and needs, as well as the size of his or her yard. We recommend you to buy from a reliable e-commerce store that is Amazon.
To put it into a nutshell, weed eaters have revolutionized gardening and yard vegetation. These weed eaters remove the weeds and useless plants and provide soothing and comfortability to the user. One can seek guidance from here to know every bit about the weed eaters.
Different and versatile weed eaters have been described with their pros and cons. The choice totally depends on you, but it is our responsibility to guide you as much as we can; therefore, in our view, Greenworks 18-Inch 10 Amp Corded String Trimmer is the best overall due to its easy carriage, grip on the handle, and large cutting diameter. This provides the euphoric feelings every morning while seeing the new blooms and blossoms of the flowers and roses relaxes your mind to face the calamities of life and invigorates a new spirit of gardening into you.