- 10 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers
- 1. EGO Power+ LB6504 650 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower
- 2. WORX WG584 40V Power Share Turbine Cordless Leaf Blower
- 3. Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower
- 4. Cordless Leaf Blower, 20V Cordless Sweeper
- 5. Greenworks 24252 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower
- 6. Beyond by BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Leaf Blower – BCBL700D1AEV
- 7. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium Sweeper (LSW221)
- 8. PowerSmart PS76101A Leaf Blower
- 9. Makita XBU03SM1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 18V LXT Blower Kit (4.0Ah)
- 10. Ryobi P2108A ONE+ 100 mph 280 CFM 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
- Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying Cordless Leaf Blowers
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Cordless Leaf Blowers
Leaf blowers went cordless a few years ago. They are now quieter than the previous models, plus they do not have any starting strain. All you have to do is plug in the battery, hold the button, and you are good to remove the leaves now. The time you would have given to get the gas can, fuel the tank, fixed the choke, plus pull the recoil handle, you have already completed the work.
There are two types of cordless leaf blowers, i.e., handled leaf blowers and backpack leaf blowers. The handled leaf blowers are very easy and convenient to use, but in the case of backpack leaf blowers, you have to put the bag on your back that inconveniences the users.
10 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers
In this busy routine, it is challenging to find a true leaf blower. Here are some of the amazing cordless leaf blowers for your perfect assistance.
- Best Overall: WORX WG584 40V Power Share Turbine Cordless Leaf Blower
- Best Pocket Friendly: Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower
- Best Lightweight: Cordless Leaf Blower, 20V Cordless Sweeper
- Best Battery Timing: Greenworks 24252 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower
- Best with Highest CFM: Beyond by BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Leaf Blower
- Best Compact Backpack: BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium Sweeper (LSW221)
- Best Tool: PowerSmart PS76101A Leaf Blower
- Best Longest Running Machine: Makita XBU03SM1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 18V LXT Blower Kit (4.0Ah)
- Best Versatile: Ryobi P2108A ONE+ 100 mph 280 CFM 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
- Best Runner up: Ryobi P2108A ONE+ 100 mph 280 CFM 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
1. EGO Power+ LB6504 650 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower
- Speed is 180 miles per hour.
- 75 minutes of continuous running time.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Flat and tapered nozzle for easy adjustment.
- Five years tool warranty and three years for the battery.
- Consists of ambient noise.
- Sometimes battery does not respond properly.
EGO Power is one of the most efficient and most powerful products today. It weighs 12.9 pounds with 180 miles per hour speed. This is battery-powered with brushless motors. There is also a flat and tapered nozzle for desired functions.
Its speed control dial delivers 225 to 500 CFM. The company offers five years tool warranty and three years for battery warranty. The construction is done in such a way that makes it weather-resistant and easy to use.
This is the best leaf blower in the market, which is ergonomic and is user-friendly too. It is fully designed according to your comfort and makes your work easy.
- Lightweight and powerful.
- Has a good battery life.
- Three settings functions and a turbo.
- Lighter than the gas-powered blowers.
- LED indicator shows the battery life.
- Needed two batteries to operate.
WORX leaf blower is super powerful and is designed to make it user-friendly. It does not create any noise as such.
This product has three settings and allows the user to adjust the speed according to his will. The 90 miles per hour speed and strong stream of air up to 430 CFM comes out from its nozzle to make it speedy and admirable.
The brushless motor is amazing and beyond the limits to explain. It is designed in such a way that it can be carried out with one hand also as it weighs 7.3 pounds. The two-Ampere dual charger makes it reliable for the users.
3. Greenworks 40V Electric Leaf Blower
- Less time is taken for charging.
- Light trimming edging is done well by it.
- Consists of a Brushless motor.
- Effective and very efficient.
- Less noisy than gas-powered blowers.
- Spool cover is poorly designed.
As the name indicates, this product is featured as 115 MPH and 430 CFM with a 2-ampere battery for easy use.
The two-Ampere battery takes 1 hour for charging, and a 4-Ampere battery takes 4 hours for charging completion. Its weight with a 2-Ampere battery is 9.26 pounds, and with a string trimmer, the weight is 7.87 pounds.
It possesses a brushless motor. The blower will go longer, up to 3 to 4 acres. It is easy to operate due to its lightweight nature and noiseless system than the gas-operated leaf blowers.
4. Cordless Leaf Blower, 20V Cordless Sweeper
- Dual speed system.
- 100 meters per hour airspeed.
- 4.5 pounds weight for convenient carrying.
- Two rechargeable batteries.
- Easy to attach and detach the tubes.
- Little rough at the edges.
- Trigger is not lockable.
This leaf blower is not only efficient in its function but is designed uniquely and is affordable too. It is available in yellow and black color with two rechargeable batteries to increase the running time. One to two hours of charging provides enough work to clear the leaves, debris, and patio.
This product carries a dual-speed system for steady and efficient working. The axial fan design offers air volume up to 450 CFM and airspeed up to 100 MPH. Its weight is 4.5 pounds and provides one hand with easy control.
The trigger of speed control is not lockable, so this may create inconvenience for the user and hinder the steady work. The tube design of this leaf blower makes it distinct and unique from other products of this class.
5. Greenworks 24252 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower
- Lightweight for easy carrying around.
- Designed for light-duty.
- End nozzle can be removed for better airflow.
- Consists of Plenty of power.
- Lightweight for easy carrying around.
- Designed for light-duty.
- End nozzle can be removed for better airflow.
- Consists of Plenty of power.
Greenworks is one of the most used brands regarding leaf blowers and other types of gadgets like this. This product offers a long-lasting battery time and possesses a versatile speed motor that delivers a maximum of up to 150 MPH.
The extension tube of this product increases its blower efficiency and durability. Lightweight up to 3.27 pounds design provides more comfort to the user.
The company also provides a warranty. The 2-ampere battery takes only one hour for complete charging and provides a continuous running time of about 75 to 80 minutes.
6. Beyond by BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Cordless Leaf Blower – BCBL700D1AEV
- Has a dual speed system.
- Easy handling for better use.
- Battery is interchangeable.
- Easily clean of dust debris from hard surfaces.
- Running time is very slow; needs to get charged 4 to 5 times.
Beyond works efficiently with the power of 90 MPH and 320 CFM of air volume and clean the debris and blow the leaves very well. This product’s two delicate speed systems are offered whether to blow messy leaves or to work near the flower beds. You can switch between the two speeds to select the one you need. This allows you extra control over the machinery.
This product is ideal for small and medium yards. The battery of this product is interchangeable, making it versatile as the battery can be used with other products of the same brand. The best part is that it can be easily carried around and it will finish your work in no time.
7. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium Sweeper (LSW221)
- Can be easily carried around due to its lightweight.
- Comes with pair of durable lithium-ion batteries.
- Durable for convenient use.
- Can also remove snow from paths.
- Mainly work as sweeper rather than a leaves blower.
If you are looking for a leaf blower that is light in weight and you can easily carry it around your yard while cleaning, this leaf blower can be your choice. Being lightweight, this product offers air to speed up to 130 MPH.
This product’s weight is only 3.7 pounds. The nominal voltage is 18, and it includes a charger along with a blow tube. As the name also indicates, most of its work is a sweeper rather than an air blower for leaves.
The lithium battery increases the working efficiency of the product. It is one of the fabulous products for easy cleaning of the houses and garages etc. It is powerful enough to remove the snow also from the paths.
8. PowerSmart PS76101A Leaf Blower
- Consists of amazing battery power.
- Ultra-lightweight for better carrying.
- Device is noise-free.
- Can be assembled easily.
- Extremely compact in its design.
- Does not work on fresh leaves or moist leaves.
The PowerSmart leaf blower is versatile and excellent in its function and design. This powerful product can conveniently blow wet leaves, dust particles, and even small stones away from the ground. This means that this blower is really strong, and the best part is that even the small stones can be cleared from the way. This way, you can have a clear path with minimum effort.
When it is fully charged, it can clean the house and garage, etc. Its battery timing is amazing. PowerSmart is an ultra-lightweight and easy to carry leaf blower, which can work as a sweeper too. You just need to change the battery once, and it will go a long way. It comes with eye protection and noise-free features in red and black color. Thus you can enjoy a quiet blow.
9. Makita XBU03SM1 Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 18V LXT Blower Kit (4.0Ah)
- Portable blower that can easily be carried anywhere.
- Excellent battery timing.
- Have a 116 MPH airspeed.
- Consists of 459 air volume.
- Speed lock mechanism.
- Parts are hard to get again.
The Makita cordless leaf blower is made up of the best working machine, which is very durable and long-lasting. The brushless motor of this product delivers up to 459 CFM and 116 MPH with amazing battery power. The amazing battery power allows the user to use it for long periods of time, and thus you do not have to change the batteries of charge them again and again. One time battery change makes a long time.
The speed lock mechanism offers to work at a steady and efficient rate. You can select the speed and then lock it. It prevents the user from changing the speed on accident, which then leads to inconveniences. Its working is like a beast due to its sturdy and powerful nature. It is very suitable for smaller and medium yards due to its light-weighted nature; it weighs only 6.5 pounds. This fits perfectly with the overall experience as apart from being strong and sturdy, it is also lightweight. Thus you can carry it while giving a heavy blow.
10. Ryobi P2108A ONE+ 100 mph 280 CFM 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
- Has a 100 MPH airspeed.
- Consist of 280 air volume.
- Perfect for light-duty works.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Does not come with a battery and charger.
This product with a variable speed trigger offers more control for efficient working, and its fan power is 100 MPH and 280 CFM, which indicates the power of the blower. You can easily adjust the speed yourself to meet your needs. This will help you maintain balance while working.
It is not quiet but can be tolerable and also not effective over dumped leaves. The battery is small-sized to make it portable that can run up to twenty minutes. So, the small battery element enables it to be portable as blowers, those, which have a heavy battery are not so easy to carry, and they weigh a lot. The lithium-ion battery is one of the most demanded batteries. If the user wants to increase the battery timing, they can use the heavy-duty battery with this blower.
Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying Cordless Leaf Blowers
Buying an accurate and perfect cordless leaf blower indeed is very difficult. Before buying, one should know about the following things to meet their expectations in the leaf blower. Have a quick look below.
The leaf blower should be noise-free as many leaf blowers are not comfortable due to their irritating sounds. Mostly the battery-operated leaf blowers are preferred due to their quiet nature. However, the gas-operated leaf blowers are noisy and emit pungent fumes that only cause respiratory issues and are very irritating.
The leaf blower should be lightweight so that it can easily be carried out for efficient working. As cordless leaf blowers are battery-operated, so they are lightweight and portable. But the gas or other fuel operated leaf blowers are heavy due to their fuel carrying tank. So one should prefer buying a lightweight leaf blower, which can frequently and easily be used.
- Brushless motor
The brushless motor provides an excellent, steady, and efficient working due to magnets’ presence inside it. However, the traditional motors were not as effective as they are, and also they lacked magnets, thus, reducing the charge due to friction. So before buying a leaf blower, we should check whether the blower consists of a brushless motor or a traditional motor.
- MPH and CFM
MPH stands for “meter per hour,” which indicates the power of the blower. CFM measures the volume of the blower that a blower moves. It stands for “Cubic Feet per Minute.” Blowers with more CFM can lift more heavy substances or debris etc.
A good leaf blower is one that has a high MPH, and the running time should be long enough so that you finish your work in one go.
There are two types of cordless leaf blowers; one is the backpack, and the other is handled. The backpacks are usually heavy and not easy to operate as you have to put a bag of the blower on your back that creates inconvenience to the user. The leaf blowers are one of the versatile gardening tools. And people usually prefer to handle one. They are more reliable too.
The battery ranges from 15 volts to 120 volts depending on the model. The batteries may be of lithium-ion or nickel, or cadmium. Usually, lithium-ion batteries are considered more reliable and durable.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Cordless Leaf Blowers
Before proceeding to your purchase, it is extremely important to clear all your confusions and get a crystal clear picture of the product you are buying. To assist you, here are the most frequently asked questions by the customers.
How to maintain cordless leaf blowers?
After usage, keep the leaf blowers inside the room after thoroughly cleaning. Avoid extreme environmental conditions. As cordless leaf blowers are battery-operated, so before using, charge it well, and after using, do not charge as it can decrease the battery timing.
How to choose a good cordless leaf blower?
A good cordless leaf blower can be chosen depending on its battery timing, MPH value, and CFM value. Greater the CFM value, the higher will be the lifting of the leaves and other subjects.
Why are cordless leaf blowers good as compare to corded leaf blowers?
Cordless leaf blowers are preferred due to their smooth nature. And also, they are noise-free and create no irritating sound. However, fuel operated leaf blowers are usually considered undesirable due to noise and pungent fumes emission.
What are the uses of leaf blowers other than the leaf blowing?
The leaf blowers can be used to blow dirt, stubborn debris, and small stony particles. They can also be used to clean the garage, houses, yards, villas, parks, and dry the vehicles after washout at home.
How to maintain the battery of cordless leaf blowers?
Never keep the batteries moist and dump places. Keep them in a dry place. Assemble it only when you are to use and charge it well according to the working requirements.
Different cordless leaf blowers are described in detail with their pros and cons. The models with lithium carrying batteries are accepted more as compared to others. One can easily select according to his choice, need, and budget range. However, Greenworks 40 volt cordless leaf blower is our top pick due to its long-lasting battery life.