- Desk Pad Buying Guide
- List of Desk Pads
- Use of a Desk Mat
You don’t want your computer and other work materials to ruin the tabletop of your desk in the same way that you don’t want your office chair to damage your floors. You can protect your desk surfaces with a simple desk pad, and it also provides other utilitarian benefits.
Instead of restricting your mouse’s movement to a little square, the best desk pads/mats offer a generous amount of area. In addition, its water-resistant surfaces make cleaning up any spills a breeze. Desk pads with pockets for vital documents and tiny calendars are particularly popular since they make it easier to keep one’s workspace organized.
Desk Pad Buying Guide
Consider the size of your desk while looking for a new desk pad for the office. In order to fit your monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment, you will need a desk pad that is large enough to fit beneath your work area without taking up too much space.
Consider your own personal taste in fashion. There is a range of bright, eye-catching hues to choose from when it comes to desk pads. There are many that cling to the tried and true hues that can be used in even the most conservative workplaces.
If you’re looking to protect your workstation, several of the desk mats and cushions featured in this article are water-resistant. Desk pads made of non-slip materials like cork or rubber are our favorites.
List of Desk Pads
1. Harbor London Leather Desk Mat
- Cut-Through hole for cords & cables.
- Handmade by expert craftsmen in Spain.
- Made with our Signature Premium Full Grain Leather.
- 100% Wool Felt.
- Soft Microfibre lining.
- M: 50 x 30cm / 19.6” x 11.8″
- L: 80 x 32cm / 31.49” x 12.59”
- XL: 80 x 45cm / 31.49” x 17.71″
Harbor London’s desk mat is made of genuine Spanish leather. Ultra-soft cowhide provides a luxury feel while simultaneously keeping your keyboard in place.
It will also develop a rich patina over time because it is constructed of top-grain leather. Wool felt or non-slip microfiber backings are available, depending on the type of surface you’ll be using it on.
2. Grovemade Leather Desk Pad
- 3.5 mm thick
- Small – 11” x 24.75”
- Medium – 11.5” x 38”
- Medium Plus – 15.75″ x 38″
- Large – 26” x 38.5”
- Extra Large – 26.5″ x 49″
If your desk doesn’t fit one of the two standard sizes of desk pads, you’re out of luck. Grovemade’s Leather desk pad is a blessing for anyone with an awkwardly shaped or sized desk.
From the smallest 11″ x 24.75″ pad to a large 26.” x 49.5″ behemoth, they are available in four carefully picked size options. As a bonus, they’re handcrafted in Portland using vegetable-tanned American leather that won’t ruin any of your other gear.
3. Slash Objects Rubber Gris Desk Mat
- 24″L x 18″W x 0.125″H
- Wash with soapy water and pat dry.
- Made in the USA of post-consumer recycled rubber.
Slash Objects’ desk mat is unique among leather desk pads because it is made entirely of reclaimed rubber. It’s the only mat on this list that provides a non-slip surface that is both comfy and non-slippery at the same time.
Additionally, the brass corner pieces ensure that the rubber mat will remain in excellent condition and maintain its stylish appearance. The Rubber Gris desk pad can also be used as a serving mat for lunch or cocktails because it is completely waterproof and stain-resistant.
4. OrbitKey Desk Mat
- Maker: Orbitkey
- Brand: Orbitkey
- Product weight: 1.95 pounds
- Product dimensions: 27 x 14.7 x 0.2 inches
- Product model number: DKMT-MD1-BKBK
- Colour: Black
- Type of material: Felt Leather Paper
- Size: M
- Manufacturer Part Number: DKMT-LG1-BKBK
Flat desk mats are fantastic for a minimalist design, but they frequently leave something to be desired in terms of storage. There is a pencil and pen storage bar on the OrbitKey desk mat, as well as a secret note pocket.
The magnetic cable holder on the top edge, on the other hand, is really impressive because it makes it so much easier to keep your charger within reach. Finally, this desk mat is constructed from vegan leather, making it ideal for the environmentally-conscious workplace.
5. Satechi Eco-Leather Deskmate
- Maker: Satechi
- Brand: Satechi
- Product weight: 1.63 pounds
- Product dimensions: 23 x 12.2 x 0.12 inches
- Product model number: ST-BOM
- Colour: Black
- Type of material: Fake leather
- Manufacturer Part Number: ST-BOM
What if you could have the luxury of a leather desk pad without animal cruelty? Satechi’s Eco-Leather Deskmate is a great option. A convincing polyurethane leather facsimile mimics the richness of real leather.
The Deskmate’s hues won’t fade over time because it’s composed of a leather alternative. With all of that in mind and non-slip backing to boot, you’ve got yourself an amazing desk pad.
6. Beckett Simonon Leather Desk Pad
- Product: Beckett Simonon Leather Desk Pads
- Colors available: Black, Tan, Brown
- Size: 70cm x 42cm (27.5” x 16.5”)
- Material: Full Grain Leather
The full-grain leather desk pad from Beckett Simonon is a great example of high-quality materials at an affordable price. It will develop a unique patina based on how you use the leather, making it a one-of-a-kind piece.
Natural anti-slip and water-resistant properties make it a great addition to any work surface in your home. To top it all off the desk pad is made from sustainably sourced and harvested leather, making it the best of both worlds for leather and eco-friendly manufacturing.
7. KeySmart TaskPad
- Supported devices: Laptops
- Connector Type: Wireless
- Brand: KeySmart
- Power: 10 watts
- Colour: Black
- Item Weight: 1.76 Pounds
- Material: Imitation leather
- Package type: Standard Packaging
Workplace multitaskers can’t go wrong with the KeySmart TaskPad. Why? Because it has a built-in wireless charger. The TaskPad will start charging your phone as soon as you place it on its polyurethane leather surface.
With the case on, it still works. You can work harder and longer because it has a cushion for your hands and wrists.
8. Leatherology Classic Leather Desk Pad
- Full-grain leather
- 18″H x 26.5″W x 0.5″D | 45.7cm x 67.3cm x 1.3cm
- Liftable leather rails, non-leather writing surface
- Micro-suede lined bottom
- Available for Personalization
Leatherology’s desk pads go above and beyond the norm by using a variety of colors instead of a single one. Classic Leather’s desk pad comes in five different two-tone color options, giving you lots of freedom to express your personal style at work.
Because of the microsuede inside and the fine-grain leather, it won’t slip about while you work on it. In general, it’s a stylish and cost-effective addition to the home office.
Use of a Desk Mat
- There is a good chance that you don’t need a desk mat, yet it is. No mat is necessary for holding items on a desk. An attractive mat, on the other hand, is a worthwhile investment because it serves both a practical and aesthetic purpose.
- Using a desk mat will protect your desk from the wear and tear of your keyboards, mice, and even your own body. When it comes to protecting your desk, whether it is an expensive one or a cheap one, a layer of protection is essential.
- The ability to maintain a firm grip on your desk tools may be compromised if you have a smooth work surface. In addition to helping keep your keyboard in place, a desk mat can also help keep more traditional writing instruments such as styluses (or vape pens, or whatever else) from rolling away.
- In addition to keeping your desktop clean, a desk mat serves as a visual reminder of where each piece of equipment belongs on your desk. A desk mat may help you reduce some of your clutter if you have a tendency to make a mess that expands to occupy the available space. Pads that have a place to hide documents are a step up.
- Optical mice have gone a long way and work rather consistently on many surfaces, but some tables and mice just don’t work together. In the absence of a trackball, using a desk pad provides all of the benefits of a mousepad, but with the added bonus of increased real estate.
- To reduce the thudding sound of a mechanical keyboard, you may want to consider a softer desk surface if you are a keyboard geek.