- 10 Best Electric Toothbrush Review
- 1. Best Overall: Oral-B iO Series 7g Electric Toothbrush
- 2. Best for Quick Brushing: Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush With 3 Brush Heads
- 3. Best for Sensitive Gums: Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
- 4. Best Battery: Hum by Colgate Smart Electric Toothbrush Kit
- 5. Best Philips Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare HX6817/01
- 6. Best Noiseless Electric Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100
- 8. Best for the Plaque: Oral-B Pro 7000, Electric Toothbrush
- 9. Best for the Budget: Fairywill 507&2001 Electric Sonic Toothbrush
- 10. Best for a beginner: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300
- Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Electric Toothbrush
- FAQs – Here is What You Should Know about an Electric Toothbrush
Oral hygiene is vital for a healthy life. Our eating, drinking, speaking, singing, and smiling depend on a healthy mouth, and the right toothbrush is the only way to keep your teeth and gums healthy. There are two types of brushes; one is the classic brush that, despite being so costly, cannot get in hard-to-reach areas of the mouth; the other is an electronic toothbrush that is actually able to do some wonders for your mouth.
These electronic brushes possess some powerful built-in tools and work better than manual brushes. So if you want to make the most of your brushing session and reduce the risk of cavities, tooth decay, plaque, and many other oral diseases, then switch to an electric toothbrush now. Here we have listed the ten was to keep you smiling for a lifetime.
10 Best Electric Toothbrush Review
Choosing the best electric toothbrushes for yourself can be a whole lot of difficult task. To save some of your time, here are the top 10 electric toothbrushes that you should consider buying:
- Best Overall: Oral-B iO Series 7g Electric Toothbrush
- Best for Quick Brushing: Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush With 3 Brush Heads
- Best for Sensitive Gums: Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
- Best Battery: Hum by Colgate Smart Electric Toothbrush Kit
- Best Philips Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare HX6817/01
- Best Noiseless Electric Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100
- Best Bristles: Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush
- Best for the Plaque: Oral-B Pro 7000, Electric Toothbrush
- Best for the Budget: Fairywill 507&2001 Electric Sonic Toothbrush
- Best for Beginners: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300
1. Best Overall: Oral-B iO Series 7g Electric Toothbrush
- Has a display screen that helps you customize your brushing experience.
- Dentist-inspired round brush head.
- Has twisted bristles for a deep cleansing experience.
- Gives off signals when brushing hard and when not.
- Quite louder than other brushes.
Oral-B is one of the most trusted dentistry brands in the world. Apart from this, it is also one of the most widely used brands among people. The reasons are evident as it has always fulfilled the customers’ demands and satisfied them with their products.
Oral-B has now introduced one of the best electric toothbrushes. If you buy the product, it will include one electric toothbrush with a clean replacement brush head with a magnetic travel pouch, and a refill holder. Since it is chargeable when it’s fully charged, it works for a week straight. With affordability comes dependability; it is quite a toothbrush you can depend upon.
2. Best for Quick Brushing: Oral-B iO Series 8 Electric Toothbrush With 3 Brush Heads
- Provides with three Oral-B brush heads.
- Provides a premium travel case.
- Different colors are available.
- Tracks where you are brushing so you do not miss any place.
- Dentist recommended.
- Only compatible with Oral-B refill brush heads.
One of the best parts about the iO is the mechanical interface, something people don’t realize they need in a toothbrush. Most electric brushes will educate you in one way or another of the time spent brushing.
The iO does the entirety of that and more with the advanced screen. It presents a clock on how long you’ve been brushing, and it’s directed towards your face, so you generally realize whether to proceed onward or stop. A grin or sad face shows up depending upon whether you’ve sufficiently brushed or held back—that is a passable motivation for me to prop up when I want to call it a night.
3. Best for Sensitive Gums: Oral-B Pro 1000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush
- Eliminates up to 300% of plaque with its advanced cleaning technology.
- Comes with a charging unit.
- Once fully charged, it can work for days.
- Comes with an equipped pressure sensor.
- Takes up to 22 hours to fully charge.
- Compatible with only Oral-B brush heads.
Contrasted with utilizing a manual brush, rotating brushes can remove the majority of your plaques, even those where it is difficult to usually clean. This way, you can hope to have cleaner and healthier teeth and gums.
Oral-B Pro 1000 is the best choice for an electric toothbrush that comes less expensive contrasted with several other comparative models from different brands. This might be the motivation behind why an ever-increasing number of individuals move from utilizing a manual brush to a battery-powered electric brush like Oral-B.
4. Best Battery: Hum by Colgate Smart Electric Toothbrush Kit
- Has three modes of sonic vibrations.
- Very light in weight.
- Toothbrush with a timer.
- Comfortable in grasp.
- Amazon Alexa helps to know when you need a new one.
- Keeps going for ten days only.
- Comes with only one brush head.
Suppose you have ever used rotating electric brushes. In that case, you must have noticed that Hum is essentially more modest and lighter, which gives a more significant brushing experience for what it’s worth. It’s 8 inches tall and merely weighs 1.85 ounces. The Hum is more like a manual toothbrush in your grasp than massive electric brushes.
This electric brush with its soft bristles helps you deep clean and eliminate all the impurities from your mouth. This brush is connected via Bluetooth to your phone and helps you look for the spots needing more cleaning and care since it’s a rechargeable brush, so if it is fully charged, it can go for ten days.
5. Best Philips Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare HX6817/01
- It has a long battery life.
- Has a quick charging.
- Comes in handy when cleaning.
- Seven times more cleaning than an ordinary toothbrush.
- The brush is quite small.
- A little heavy for use.
Do you have braces, crowns, or sensitive teeth and can’t find a perfect brush for you because none of them have proved gentle for your teeth? Well, don’t worry because Philips Sonicare HX6817/01 has come to your rescue. This super easy-to-handle brush is ideal for people with braces, sensitive teeth, and gums as it has a pressure sensor that sends you an alert when you go over the board while brushing.
This smart brush can work up to 14 days with a one-time charge. Furthermore, it improves your teeth health 7x more than your manual toothbrush because it has the power to eliminate and clean food particles from the back of your mouth.
6. Best Noiseless Electric Toothbrush: Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100
- Very handy with the grasp.
- Clearly labeled cleaning modes for better results.
- Has a built-in timer for when to change.
- Has a pressure sensor.
- The system tells when to change the brush head.
- No lights to alert when the pressure is too hard.
- The battery may need frequent replacement.
The Philips Sonicare protective clean 5100 is a perfect example of technology and functionality. It has a smart timer and a Quardpacer that gives you proper information about the recommended brushing time.
One of the amazing features of this brush is you don’t have to keep track of the days to replace the brush head as this brush will do this for you; it will notify you when your brush head gets old and needs replacement. Moreover, you also don’t have to worry about the charging because this brush has an indicator that starts blinking when it’s time to recharge.
7. Best Bristles: Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush
- Available in different colors.
- Instantly recognizes your brushing style through artificial intelligence.
- Tells you which are you left uncovered.
- Dentist recommended brand toothbrush.
- Considered the same as 8000 one.
- Battery charge can be tricky.
Oral-B has never missed a chance to win hearts, and this time they have once again done this with their Oral-B genius X electric toothbrush. With its super soft bristles, this brush provides 100% improved and healthy gums to the user. With its modern artificial intelligence technology, this brush guides you to proper brushing techniques, which you can use to get the most of your brushing sessions. You can connect this brush to your smartphone via Bluetooth and get daily updates about your teeth’ health.
It includes a rechargeable handle, three brush heads, a charger, and a travel case. The travel case allows you to take your toothbrush on the go and charge it without any hassle.
8. Best for the Plaque: Oral-B Pro 7000, Electric Toothbrush
- Has more than three cleaning modes.
- Has a built-in timer.
- Has a pressure sensor.
- Has a Bluetooth connectivity.
- Design is not much appreciated.
- Battery life is not much.
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is like a magic wand because it will make your teeth healthier than ever. This super brush really does wonders because it sends you real-time feedback about your oral health and brushing habits and also gives you tips to keep your teeth healthy.
This 3D brush goes beyond traditional brush cleaning to clean up to 300% more plaque than a manual brush. It has angled bristles for proper cleaning and removal of particles from the back of your mouth.
9. Best for the Budget: Fairywill 507&2001 Electric Sonic Toothbrush
- Lightweight compared to others.
- Has five cleaning modes.
- Has built-in timer.
- Has a long battery life.
- It does not have a pressure sensor.
- No charging port.
Your family’s oral health is as important as yours; therefore, this is why Fairywill electric sonic toothbrush is designed for families. It is waterproof and provides proper cleaning and healthy teeth to you and your family. One of this brush’s unique qualities is that when it’s time to change the brush, its bristles change their color to let you know that now you should stop using this brush.
This family pack includes three toothbrushes, and all three brushes have a 2-minute smart timer to help you achieve 100 percent confidence in your oral care. This brush set is specially designed for families, so it contains a kid’s toothbrush, making brushing a fun activity for kids. So by using this toothbrush set, you can keep the whole family protected from oral problems at a very affordable price.
10. Best for a beginner: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300
- Has a built-in timer.
- Has a pressure sensor.
- Design is appreciated.
- Has an AI technology.
- Has a Bluetooth attached.
- No holder attached to hold the smartphone.
Are you one of those who have stains on their teeth, and due to this reason, try to hide their teeth every time they smile? But don’t worry now; there is no need to hide your teeth because Philips Sonicare diamond clean is here to help you flaunt your teeth. As the name says diamond clean, it means this brush has the ability to clear all the stains over your teeth within three days.
It has sharp sensors that notify you about your brushing habits and also provides you information about the areas that require more cleaning; moreover, it also gives you tips and techniques to clean them. Its smart head mode pairing technology enables it to pair with the appropriate brushing intensity automatically.
This brush provides a complete solution to plaque, cavities, tooth decay, and all oral problems. Since it is easy to handle and use, it is the best option for beginners.
Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Electric Toothbrush
There are a lot of pros and cons of buying an electric toothbrush for yourself. There should be some things that need to be considered when purchasing yourself a smart electric toothbrush. Some of them include:
- Essential Features
It needs to have some notable features like 2-minute timers and quad pacers. Having a pressure sensor and a good battery life is also one of the main things to be considered before buying yourself an electric toothbrush. However, the color, shape, and size do not matter much when considering buying it.
- Battery Life
Rotating brushes are cordless. They are fuelled by batteries that are inside the brush handle. These batteries are removable (AA or AAA) but sometimes are fixed too. The size, shape, and limit of the battery will vary between brands. The most basic battery life is around 14 days.
- Speed of the brush
An electric toothbrush’s speed matters the most because it won’t provide a proper cleaning if the brush is too slow. Faster brushes with a maximum number of rotations and vibrations provide smart cleaning and are tough against oral diseases. So when buying an electric toothbrush, go for that brush, which is fast and can have perfect oscillating motions.
- Soft bristles
Hard bristles are harsh on teeth and can cause gum bleeding; therefore, always select a brush that says “Soft bristles” because these bristles are gentle on your teeth and do not damage enamel.
- Pressure sensor
Brushing your teeth too hard can damage the root surfaces and enamel, so pressure sensors are a great way to reduce the chances of overbrushing. These sensors send an alert via light or sound to the user as soon as they sense overbrushing.
FAQs – Here is What You Should Know about an Electric Toothbrush
When you are buying yourself an electric toothbrush, you keep certain things in mind. Most people, when buying a product online, have a lot of questions regarding it. For your help, here are some most commonly asked questions that arise when people are buying an effective electric toothbrush.
Can electric toothbrushes damage gums?
Electric toothbrushes are one of the easiest to use brushes. As much as it cleanses your teeth and removes plaque by almost 100%, they also help protect your gums. So technically, once when you are using the brush properly, it should not damage your gums.
Can we use an electric toothbrush every day?
The electric brush doesn’t harm the teeth or the gums. According to the researches, electric brushes are better for teeth and gums than a traditional toothbrush. Dentists concur that only over-brushing or brushing too hard will harm the teeth and gums for extensive periods.
Can electric brushes help in the whitening of teeth?
The simple answer is no. Yet, utilizing a rotating brush can cause your teeth to seem whiter by eliminating stains.
Can you share an electric toothbrush?
Yes, you can share an electric toothbrush because these brushes’ brush heads can be removed and replaced from the brush handle. So it means you can use a single brush handle for many brush heads.
How to brush with an electric toothbrush?
The process of brushing your teeth with an electric brush is exactly the same as a manual brush, with the only difference that you have to turn it on after putting in toothpaste. Place the toothpaste, hold them at a 45-degree angle, turn it on, and you are good to go.
As much as dental hygiene matters, maintaining your dental hygiene products also matter. Every electric item should be maintained in order so that it can work for a long time. You have to keep your brush clean at all times so that it can keep your teeth clean at all times. Besides this, always keep track of changing your brush and replacing it with a new one because it is an important step to keep your teeth healthy and clean.
Here comes an end to our discussion, and I hope our guide about Best electric toothbrush has helped you choose an ideal brush for you. All the brushes that we have listed are the best, but we would recommend you go for “Oral-B iO Series 7g Electric Toothbrush” because it is the best. It has all the features that an electric toothbrush should have, and many dentists recommend this due to its smart cleaning technology. And if you are a beginner, then you should definitely buy “Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9300” because it is easy to use and is a good option to start your oral health care.