- 10 Best Patio Heaters Review
- 1. Hampton Bay 48000 Btu Stainless Steel Patio Heater
- 2. BELLEZE 014-HG-PH00-BRO 48,000BTU Premium
- 3. Maxx Air Heater
- 4. Hampton Bay 42,000 BTU Pyramid Patio Heater
- 5. DONNER POWER 1500W Electrical Patio Heater
- 6. Member’s Mark Patio Heater with LED Table + Wheels for Moving
- 7. Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy
- 8. Dr. Infrared Heater without Tripod
- 9. Fire Sense Stainless Steel Telescoping Offset
- 10. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
- Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying a Patio Heater
- Frequently Asked Questions about Best Patio Heaters
Patio Heater enables you to enjoy your outdoor space to the maximum. It not only gives your pool area or backyard or any outdoor space a luxurious look but also adds warmth to the space, making it relaxing and calming for you. A patio heater adds great beauty to your outdoor space, whether it is in an office, house, restaurant patio, or any other outdoor space.
Patio Heater adds comfort and relaxation and enables users to enjoy their time and nature both simultaneously. Enjoy outdoor dining-ins with your loved ones and have fun while keeping yourself warm with the patio heater.
10 Best Patio Heaters Review
To save you from hassles and unnecessary stress, here is a list of the ten best patio heaters that can make your outdoor space more pleasurable for you.
- Best Overall – Hampton Bay 48000 BTU
- Best User-Friendly – BELLEZA 014-HG-PH00-BRO 48,000BTU Premium
- Best Wall Mounted – Maxx Air Heater
- Best Tower Heater – Hampton Bay 42,000 BTU Pyramid Patio Heater
- Best Hanging – DONYER POWER Electrical Patio Heater
- Best Pick with Table – Member’s Mark Patio Heater
- Best Personal Heater – Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy
- Best Wall-Mounted Infrared Patio Heater – Dr. Infrared Heater without Tripod
- Best Pole-Mounted Infrared Patio Heater – Fire Sense Stainless Steel Telescoping Offset
- Best Portable – Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
1. Hampton Bay 48000 Btu Stainless Steel Patio Heater
- The stainless-steel build gives it sturdiness.
- Heating temperature adjustable according to your choice.
- Excellent heat distribution ensures a comfortable atmosphere.
- User-friendly design makes it easy to operate.
- DIY easy assembly.
- Not suitable for short heighted patios.
Hampton Bay 48000Btu uses propane as an energy source to produce heating effects and warmth. The propane cylinder is sold separately. Its dimensions in inches are 32.25×32.25×87.25, and it weighs 33 pounds. It’s optimal for patio use and heats up to 200 square feet.
The control valve of Hampton Bay 48000Btu enables you to adjust the temperature as you desire. The shape and size of the Hampton bay 48000Btu make its stylish and stainless-steel body durable. It does not require requiring stainless steel is of high quality and keeps the patio heater rust-free.
2. BELLEZE 014-HG-PH00-BRO 48,000BTU Premium
- Wheels ensure easy mobility.
- 48000BTU – Can warm commercial outdoor places.
- Stylish design gives a premium look.
- Wide heat distribution.
- Stainless steel and alloy body ensure strength.
- Requires a professional for assembly.
- Difficult to light.
If you are looking for stylish yet comfy and easy-to-use patio heaters, then you can have Belleze 014-HG-PH00-BRO 48000BTU. It is powered by propane if you have a natural gas supply. This patio heater works perfectly, pumping out 48000 Btu for a 15-foot diameter heat range. It is ideal for commercial use and is one of the most powerful patio heaters in the market.
Although it’s heavy, the wheels ensure exceptional mobility. Its user-friendly ignition start-up process is as simple as its heater lights up with a single push of the button with its Piezo ignition system.
The heat knob allows you to adjust it for high or low heat and its heat range is 175 square per foot.
3. Maxx Air Heater
- Ideal for mounting on a wall.
- The electrical function provides ease of installation.
- Remote control for easy operation.
- Energy-efficient – rated at 1500 Watts.
- Just on and off system – Provides no temperature adjustment.
- Requires a transformer for use in 220V regions.
Maxx Air Heater is the best wall-mounted patio heater. An electrical source of 1500 watts powers it. It produces infrared heat radiations to warm the place and requires a 110/120V plug for operation in outdoor and indoor spaces. Maxx Air Heater is an electric patio heater and comes with remote control, making its handling easier.
It has a switch-off button for safe operations with an electric supply. Its dimension in inches is 26.00*9.00*9.00. It can be mounted on your wall easily at an angle. If you want to heat a specific outdoor space by wall-mounting your heater, then Maxx Air Heater is best for your use. The Maxx Air Heater is of high-quality components.
4. Hampton Bay 42,000 BTU Pyramid Patio Heater
- Durable, rust-resistant build.
- Tower design helps with efficient heat dissipation.
- The pyramid-shaped design adds a premium feel to space.
- Swift DIY assembly.
- User-friendly operation.
- Electric ignition system.
- Wrong assembly can make the heater inefficient.
Hampton Bay 42000 Btu is a pyramid-shaped patio heater powered by propane, but the ignition system is electronic. Its rust-resistant property makes it suitable for outdoor spaces.
The design of the Hampton Bay 42000 British thermal unit makes it the best tower heater. The electric ignition system named piezoelectric ignition makes Hampton Bay 42000Btu easy to start. You can adjust the temperature according to your choice by using the built-in control valve. It has an automatic switch-off system for safety. The body has a rust-resistant gold finish that makes the design and appearance of the Hampton Bay 42000BTU more elegant. It has dimension54.5*30*7.5 inches and weighs 69.9 pounds.
5. DONNER POWER 1500W Electrical Patio Heater
- A water-resistant power cord adds safety.
- Covers a large radius.
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- The classy style adds luxury to your space.
- Easy to operate.
- No Infrared tubing.
- Heat spread can be inefficient if not mounted properly.
Looking for a hanging, productive and beautiful heater, then select DONYER POWER Electric Patio Heater. It’s ideal for the balcony and has a luxurious style. It can be used indoors and outdoors. The ceiling-mounted design is suitable for outdoor space, balconies, and indoor spaces. It is powered by 1500W.
The DONYER POWER Electric Patio Heater makes no noise, and you can calmly sleep or rest without any disturbance. It’s designed to be water-proof, which makes it safe and durable. However, manufacturers advise not to turn it on in the rain. The Donner Power electric heater produces sufficient heat.
6. Member’s Mark Patio Heater with LED Table + Wheels for Moving
- Easy DIY assembly.
- An electric ignition system makes lighting the heater efficient.
- LED lights make the heater stand out.
- The mobility wheels make it easy to move around.
- Excellent heat output – 47000 BTU.
- Rust-resistant, durable stainless-steel body.
- Irreplaceable top.
- Heat distribution can be inconsistent if not adjusted properly.
Member’s Mark Patio Heater is designed to make it easy to pick and move. Member’s Mark Patio heater has dimensions 31.5*31.5*86.6 inches and is powered by propane. The heat output is 47000 British Thermal Units. The heater has an electronic ignition system that makes its operations quick and easy to start. The heat output can be varied with an adjustable table and LED lights.
The material used for Member’s Mark Patio Heater is stainless steel that is rust-resistant and makes the heater durable and long-lasting in the outside atmosphere. The pieces are easy to assemble and use; an electric ignition system enables the user to start them quickly.
7. Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy
- The ultra-portable design allows easy movement.
- Can be used as a personal heater.
- An automatic low oxygen shut-off system allows safe use indoors.
- 1lb propane tank sufficient for 5-6 hours.
- Heat output of 38000 BTU ensures a comfortable space.
- Propane tank not suitable for motorized vehicles.
The Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy is ideal for personal use. The design and heat output are suitable for personal use. It is powered by propane and gives a heat output of 38000 British Thermal Units
Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B dimensions are 11*11*11 inches, and it weighs 5 pounds. It is suitable for indoor rooms up to 95 square feet as it is safe and portable. It has an automatic low oxygen shut-off system that makes its use safe indoors. It is odor-free, gives heat output at an angle of 45 degrees. Suitable for emergency camps tents, campers, workshops, porches, deck, garages, construction trailers, and picnics.
8. Dr. Infrared Heater without Tripod
- A waterproof aluminum frame adds to durability.
- Variable infrared output 900W, 1200W, and 1500W.
- Instant heating.
- IPX4 Water-proof rating.
- Remote-controlled functionality keeps things simple and makes operation easy.
- Aluminum frame is not as sturdy as a stainless-steel one.
Are you looking for an infrared Patio heater, then you must consider Dr. Infrared Heater without a tripod. It is available at Amazon in black color. Electric cords power the Dr infrared heater. The heating method uses infrared radiations to produce a warming effect.
Dr’s infrared heater is 35 inches in length *3 inches width *4 inches height. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor spaces. The heater produces no odor or smoke, and once plugged in into a 120V switch produces heat at three heat-outputs that are 900W, 1200W, and 1500W. The infrared heater has a ceiling mounting bracket.
9. Fire Sense Stainless Steel Telescoping Offset
- Easy DIY assembly.
- Efficient performance provides heat at minimum costs.
- A protective aluminum heat shield adds safety.
- Wheels provide easy mobility.
- Infrared heating system – uses an electric power source.
- Improper assembly can make the heater inefficient.
- Heat distribution can be inconsistent.
Fire sense stainless steel telescoping offset is the best pole-mounted patio heater and is ideal for outdoor spaces. It is powered by electricity and does not produce any smoke or odor. It is safe to use and durable as it is manufactured of stainless steel.
It produces a heat output of 1500W and can be easily moved. The portable heater can be used indoors as well as in outdoor spaces. Fire Sense Stainless steel telescoping offset is an electric heater and has a 12-foot non-retractable electrical cord. It has a protective aluminum heat shield and an on/off toggle switch that makes the heater safe for use.
10. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
- Ultra-portable design.
- Suitable for golf carts and other motorized vehicles.
- Heat output 3000BTU sufficient for a closed place.
- LPG heating system makes it usable out in the open.
- A large base adds to the stability.
- Might require an extra tank of propane/LPG for continued use.
Texsport Sportsmate portable propane heater is powered by liquefied petroleum gas and is made up of stainless steel and plastic. The heater is suitable for golf carts as it is suitable, light-weighted, and durable. It has an auto shut valve to shut off fuel if the flame goes out. It gives energy up to 3000 British Thermal Units.
The propane heater is compact and still produces heat, and fits any 16.4 oz or 14.1 oz propane container. Its large paddle and foot plastic base promote stability. It is warm, easy to use, and assemble. The cherry on the top; the material makes the heater durable and safe for use.
Buyer’s Guide – Things to Consider Before Buying a Patio Heater
The times when the man did not invent modern products for himself, he used slow-burning woods to keep himself warm and the objects around him. The man used to burn woods to warm himself inside and outside the house in the severe cold seasons.
Nowadays, we use electric or gas patio heaters outdoors within our house, like the courtyard area at the backside or patio at the house’s backside open area. A patio is an outdoor space generally used for dining or recreational activities that adjoin the residence normally at the backside and is typically paved. A patio heater is specially designed for the outdoor space of the residence.
It would help if you kept in mind the following guidelines before buying a patio heater.
- Power source
A patio heater is also called a mushroom or umbrella heater due to its design. It is a radiant heating appliance for generating thermal radiation for outdoor use. Patio heaters are available in the market manufactured by various companies and use different fuel or power sources.
Natural gas is the most commonly used fuel source in patio heaters. Still, if you do not want to use natural gas for your patio heater, then an electric power patio heater may be a better option. But before you plug your patio heater into the socket of your house, make sure the standard of wires or cables is placed underground in the walls of the house. Because the patio heater uses high voltage, it may damage the electric cables of the house.
There are different ranges of sizes of patio heaters available according to your requirements in the market. A personal-sized patio heater will render heat to two people only. A patio heater will probably be sufficient to heat 1,500 to 2,000 square feet of covered space. In an uncovered space, it is expected that the patio heater will warm a 20-foot diameter space. In comparison, a small tabletop model will only render heat for a distance of a few feet only.
- Heat output
Its heat output best evaluates the strength and efficiency of a patio heater. This is generally measured as BTUs for gas-burning patio heaters and watts for electric patio heaters. You can compare each model’s BTUs and watts to find out one that fits your necessities and requirements.
- Assembly type
Most patio heaters are partially assembled, and they certainly take an hour to assemble fully. Some models come fully assembled and packed in a strong box. You should look for this characteristic written on the packing because combining and joining an unassembled patio heater will take enough time. Please find a model that comes fully assembled.
- Electronic Controls
The electric patio heaters have a facility to adjust heat levels. They can be turned on and off the radiant heat easily. Please select a model that has a remote control and one-touch ignition, and simple setting controls.
- Adjustable Flames
Most natural gas patio heaters have some type of flame, and the flame is adjustable according to your ambition and desire.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Patio Heaters
Indeed it is one of the hectic tasks to select the right patio heater for yourself. To further help ease your problem, here we have answered some of the questions that you might come across.
Do patio heaters need to be covered?
Patio heaters are covered to extend their life. Covering patio heaters protect it from external environments when not in use. Patio heater covers keep dust, moisture, and bugs out of burner assembly.
Can Patio heaters be left in rain or thunderstorm?
Although patio heaters are used for outdoor spaces, leaving them out in the rain or other elements can affect their longevity and performance. Greater exposure to rain and other environmental factors reduces patio heater performance.
Is it safe to leave electric patio heaters outside when not in use?
Yes, leaving electric heaters outside is fine. Electric heaters use 85% less energy than propane heaters and can be used in most weather conditions, even torrential rain. You can leave them outside without any fear of degeneration.
All patio heaters on our list are good. Each patio heater in our list is best for certain features, but Hampton Bay 48000 BTU is best overall as it is user-friendly, easy to assemble, provides a maximum heat output of 48000 BTU, and is safe for use.
Hampton Bay 48000BTU is ideal for commercial and other outdoor spaces. It is powered by propane and is durable as it is made up of stainless steel. The heating temperature is adjustable according to your choice. The design of Hampton Bay 48000BTU adds luxury to your outdoor space.