- Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlights Reviews Consumer Reports
- 1. Phixton Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight High Lumens L.E.D
- 2. Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight
- 3. PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
- 4. STANLEY FATMAX SL10LEDS Rechargeable
- 5. COAST HP3R 245 LED Penlight
- 6. Nitecore Tube Keychain Light T Series
- 7. WOWTAC H01 Max 614 Lumens Rechargeable L.E.D. Headlamp
- 8. Streamlight 88065 Pro Tac HL-X 1,000 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight
- 9. OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens USB Magnetic Rechargeable
- 10. IMALENT MS18 Brightest Flashlight
- Buyer’s Guide – What To Consider While Buying A Rechargeable Flashlight
- F.A.Q.s About Rechargeable Flashlights
Whether you are hiking at night or there is a power outage in your area, a flashlight is the best option to light up everything. With these flashlights, you don’t have to worry about carrying bulky chargers with you as their battery is long-lasting.
Now you might be thinking about which rechargeable flashlight to select when there are a lot of options out there. So, don’t worry, we are here for you. Down below, we have listed the top 10 best rechargeable flashlights, so let’s cut to the chase and start our journey to help you make the right decision.
Top 10 Best Rechargeable Flashlights Reviews Consumer Reports
Before we start our final journey towards finding the best product for you, let’s have a quick look at the list of the ten best rechargeable flashlights.
- Best overall: Phixton Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight High Lumens L.E.D.
- Runner up: Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight
- Best budget: PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
- Best beam: STANLEY FATMAX SL10LEDS Rechargeable
- Best compact size: COAST HP3R 245 LED Penlight
- Best portable keychain: Nitecore Tube Keychain Light T Series
- Best headlamp: WOWTAC H01 Max 614 Lumens Rechargeable L.E.D. Headlamp
- Best ultra-bright: Streamlight 88065 Pro Tac HL-X 1,000 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight
- Best tactical: OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens USB Magnetic Rechargeable
- Extremely bright: IMALENT MS18 Brightest Flashlight
1. Phixton Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight High Lumens L.E.D
- Has a super bright beam to let you see everything clearly
- Durable and Sturdy
- Handy and convenient as it comes with a carrying case
- Has five lighting modes
- Sometimes the batteries may lose charge
If you want functionality and features in one unit, then Phixton Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight High Lumens L.E.D. flashlight might be the solution to your problem. This 1200 lumens flashlight comes with a carrying box that includes a rechargeable 18650 battery, an A.C. charger adapter, a USB-charging cable, and a bike mount.
One of the unique qualities of this flashlight is that it can run both on a 5000 mAh 3.7v rechargeable lithium-ion 18650 battery and on 3AAA regular batteries. So it means that in case one of the batteries dies, you can still continue to use the flashlight with the other battery. In addition to this, it comes with five light modes: high/middle/low/strobe/S.O.S., so you can change the mode of light according to the situation. With this rechargeable flashlight, you can adjust the focus during outdoor activities or any emergency as it contains an adjustable zoom feature.
The shock-proof Aluminum coating makes it highly durable and long-lasting. Since the flashlight has an IPX4 resistance rating, so you don’t have to worry about its safety in case of rain.
2. Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight
- Easy to handle and fits in a pocket
- Provides a bright light
- Doesn’t heat up when left plugged in
- Has a long-lasting battery
- Slide switch may be hard to slide
Don’t get panic during a power outage because the Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight is here for your rescue. This emergency flashlight is portable and stays plugged into a wall. One of the features that we appreciate about this rechargeable flashlight is that it automatically turns on in an emergency like a blackout. Not just that, when unplugged from the wall, its retractable plug allows you to use it as a handheld flashlight.
With advanced L.E.D technology, this rechargeable flashlight is 4x brighter than a traditional flashlight. Moreover, it has a beam distance of 30 meters, making it suitable to light up every corner during a power outage.
Whether it is a blackout, storm, or hurricane, have peace of mind and safety with the Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight.
3. PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000
- Water-resistant – can withstand harsh conditions
- Sturdy and heavy-duty
- Operates on both a rechargeable battery and 3 A.A.A. batteries
- Comes with a case that includes all the essential accessories
- Battery may not last long
If saving money is your priority, then the PeakPlus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight LFX1000 might be the ideal fit for you. This rechargeable flashlight with its slim and sleek body is highly portable, so you can easily take it anywhere without any hassle.
The aluminum alloy body makes it shock resistant; therefore, you can fully enjoy your hiking or camping without worrying about breaking it.
It comes with five light modes: full, medium, low brightness, strobe & S.O.S., and allows you to change the mode with just a tap of your finger. Furthermore, the adjustable zoom feature helps you to see up to 600 feet.
This rechargeable flashlight with L.E.D. is ten times brighter than traditional flashlights, and this feature makes it your best companion in all outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, etc.
4. STANLEY FATMAX SL10LEDS Rechargeable
- Has a collapsible pivoting stand for stable support
- Illuminates up to a distance of 100 yards
- Has a trigger to control the brightness level
- Made of hard, durable A.B.S. plastic
- May take a while to charge
Are you finding a convenient way to illuminate a vast area? If yes, then the STANLEY FATMAX SL10LEDS Rechargeable might be your solution. With a 10W lithium-ion battery, it can last up to seven hours with just a single charge.
This rechargeable flashlight with L.E.D. supplies up to 2,200 lumens, covering and illuminating a wide area. Whether it is a total blackout, hiking, camping, or a hurricane, the powerful lumens of this flashlight has the potential to turn an unlighted area into a well-lighted place.
A rugged pistol handle helps the user to have a stable and robust grip, while the lock and trigger function allows hands-free operation. One of this flashlight’s best features is that the user can charge this flashlight at home or in a vehicle without any trouble- thanks to its A.C. and D.C. adapters.
5. COAST HP3R 245 LED Penlight
- Has a solid and sturdy aluminum body
- Easy to carry in your pocket
- Is impact resistant and water-resistant; can withstand harsh conditions
- Has great light output
- May have a short battery life
For a rechargeable flashlight that is compact and easy to carry, consider the COAST HP3R 245 LED Penlight. This flashlight can be recharged in or out of the light- thanks to its flex charge system. One of the unique features of this flashlight is the Twist Focus system, which allows you to quickly shift between spot and flood beams.
The thing that makes it stand in the market is the pocket clip that enables you to easily tuck it in your pocket and take it everywhere with you. Whether it is a lithium-ion battery or 2AAA batteries, this rechargeable flashlight can run on both to provide you a run time of 6 hours. In addition to this, the high mode of this flashlight will provide up to 245 lumens full bright light, thus allowing you to see a large area.
6. Nitecore Tube Keychain Light T Series
- Compact and easy to carry
- Body is made of polycarbonate materials, which makes it impact resistant
- Has a bright light output
- Simple function using a single button
- May turn on involuntary
Are you looking for a rechargeable flashlight that is high quality and easy to carry? Then the Nitcore tube keychain light T series might be the right choice. Despite its compact size, this flashlight has the potential to provide you full illumination. This flashlight weighs only 9. 6 grams and is 2. 2 inches long; moreover, it comes with a stainless steel key ring that makes it easy to carry and handy.
With this flashlight, you don’t have to mess with any sort of charging wires. Instead, the batteries can remain in the flashlight while you can charge it via a mini USB cord port.
The user-friendly design of this rechargeable flashlight allows the user to change the brightness levels from 1-45 Lumens conveniently.
7. WOWTAC H01 Max 614 Lumens Rechargeable L.E.D. Headlamp
- Is multifunctional, can act both as a flashlight and headlamp
- Has a micro USB cable to make charging convenient
- Well built and compact
- Has an IPX8 water-resistant rating to keep it safe if submerged in water
- Light may emit a square beam
The WOWTAC H01 Max 614 Lumens Rechargeable L.E.D. Headlamp is basically a flashlight that can be used as a headlamp. This tool is excellent whether you’re doing maintenance work-at-home, out for a late-night run, camping, or just need an emergency light when there is a power outage.
This rechargeable flashlight with L.E.D. can put out a max brightness of 614 lumens to a beam distance of 97 m. The one-button convenient switch design allows the user to change brightness levels according to the situation.
It comes with six light modes: high, medium, low, turbo, firefly, S.O.S., which can be changed by long-pressing the switch button. One more perk of this flashlight is that you don’t have to worry about its safety during rain or any harsh weather condition because it has IPX8 weather-resistant rating.
8. Streamlight 88065 Pro Tac HL-X 1,000 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight
- Has a clip for deep pocket carry
- Totally lights up a large area
- Well built and high quality
- Reliable and lightweight
- Battery may not last long
If you want a flashlight that can provide you with maximum brightness and a clear view, then the Streamlight 88054 ProTac HL USB 1000 Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight might be the right choice for you. This flashlight, with its 1000 powerful lumens, will provide you enough light, covering a wide area. It comes with two (2) 3-Volt CR123A lithium batteries that offer its maximum power for efficient performance.
This smart rechargeable flashlight features four lighting modes: high, medium, low, or strobe. Run time is 1.5 hours on high, 3 hours on medium, 20 hours on low, and 2.5 hours on strobe.
The aluminum coating makes it impact resistant and possesses an IPX7 waterproof rating that keeps it safe under 1-meter water for up to 30 minutes. The Streamlight brand never compromises on user’s convenience; therefore, they have included a pocket clip, making it an easy to carry tool.
9. OLIGHT M2R Pro Warrior 1800 Lumens USB Magnetic Rechargeable
- Is water-resistant and impact resistant
- Comes with a stainless steel pocket clip that makes it an easy to carry tool
- Has Olight MCC3 charging cable for fast charging
- Has a tail cap switch for efficient operation
- Magnetic tail cap switch might need regular cleaning
The Olight M2R pro rechargeable flashlight provides a powerful 1,800 lumens and illuminates even the darkest places up to 300 meters. With the side button operation and the tail switch, it provides ease of access to different modes.
It comes with a power indicator that lets you know the current charging percentage of the flashlight; Green means >75%, Yellow means 30~75%, Red means <30%.
Do you know why it is called a warrior? It is called so because of the defensive tool with a bezel; hence it can be used in case of any emergency. One of the fantastic features of this rechargeable flashlight is that it allows the user to cycle between 6 lighting modes, and all these modes have different light outputs. Therefore, the user can change the mode according to his desire or situation.
With the sturdy shock resistance and water resistance body, this rechargeable flashlight can withstand all the challenging situations no matter what. Besides this, it also contains a special magnetic USB charging connector that helps the user to charge the flashlight without any hassle. One thing that we appreciate about this flashlight is that it comes with all the essential accessories such as a magnetic smart-charging USB cable, holster, lanyard, and user manual.
10. IMALENT MS18 Brightest Flashlight
- Has cooling fans for high performance and long runtime
- Has IP56 waterproof and dustproof ratings
- Is 50 times brighter than car lights
- Comes with switch indicators to helo you find the switch in the darkness
- May take a while to get fully charged
With a maximum output of 100,000 lumens and a beam distance of 1350 meters, the Imalent MS18 is the brightest flashlight so far. From 700lm to 100,000lm to strobe, this flashlight has nine different modes, which means that you don’t need to buy multiple flashlights as this will fulfill all your requirements.
It comes with a digital panel that allows you to read the charging level and indicates when the battery is about to die. The sturdy aluminum body of this remarkable flashlight gives you peace of mind that it is tough enough to withstand all harsh conditions.
Buyer’s Guide – What To Consider While Buying A Rechargeable Flashlight
Here we are going to tell you some of the crucial factors that you must consider while buying a Rechargeable flashlight because the presence of these factors will
Size and weight
These flashlights come in a variety of sizes and weights. From pocket size to heavy spotlights, these rechargeable flashlights include a wide variety. Brightness and battery timing depends on the size and weight of the flashlight. Usually, a heavy and large flashlight has long-lasting battery life, but it is not brighter than a lightweight flashlight.
Type of bulb
Most of the rechargeable flashlights have advanced L.E.D technology, but few of them still use krypton bulbs. The drawback of these bulbs is that they have low battery life, less efficiency, and less brightness than L.E.D flashlights. Therefore when buying a rechargeable flashlight doesn’t forget to check the type of its bulb.
Resistance against water
Resistance against water is vital to save your flashlight from water in situations like rain or flood. So, while buying a rechargeable flashlight, make sure to check its I.P. ratings. The I.P. ratings can be as follows:
- IPX0: Zero water protection
- IPX1 and IPX2: protection against dripping water
- IPX3 and IPX4: protection against water sprays
- IPX5 and IPX6: protection from water jets
- IPX7 and IPX8: protection in water over 3 feet
Beam distance determines how far the light can shine and produces light equivalent to the light of the full moon. Some rechargeable flashlights allow a short and dim beam distance, while others will enable a longer and ultra-bright beam distance. Most top-notch models come with an adjustable button that allows the user to set the beam according to his desire. Therefore consider the range at which you will use the flashlight because it will help you decide which beam distance will be the perfect fit for you.
F.A.Q.s About Rechargeable Flashlights
While doing post-purchase research or buying a product, a lot of questions occur in one’s mind. These questions should be appropriately answered to have clarity about the product and its specifications. Hence, to help you here, we have gathered some of the common questions asked by most of the customers.
How long does a rechargeable flashlight last?
The life of a rechargeable flashlight depends upon its quality and battery. High quality and heavy-duty flashlights are considered to last longer. The average time period of a flashlight is about a year, but heavy-duty lights can last more than a year.
How to charge a rechargeable flashlight?
Rechargeable flashlights come with a USB port. So, just plug in any suitable charger into the USB port, and you are good to go. Moreover, these flashlights can also be charged through a laptop; therefore, if you are outside and no charging switch is available, you can quickly charge it via laptop.
How many lumens do you need for a rechargeable flashlight?
A 100-lumen flashlight is enough for 5-10 hours of usage, but if you want more than that, then you can go for a flashlight that can offer between 500-2000 lumens.
Are L.E.D flashlights good?
L.E.D stands for light-emitting diode. As compared to traditional flashlights, they are better in performance and efficiency. An L.E.D flashlight is long-lasting, provides ultra-bright light, and is shock resistant.
From our discussion, it turns out that rechargeable flashlights are the need of the hour as they have improved and advanced features. So if you don’t want to ever go through the trouble of getting stuck in darkness, then get yourself a high-quality rechargeable flashlight.
Though all the options that we have provided you are more than good but we would recommend you to go for “Phixtonus Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight High Lumens L.E.D.” or “Energizer Compact Rechargeable Emergency L.E.D. Flashlight” because according to our research, they are best of best and contains all the essential features that make them an ideal fit for you.