- 10 Best Zero Turn Mowers Review
- 1. Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit Riding Lawn, Mower
- 2. Cub Cadet ZT1 50 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- 3. Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Mower
- 4. Beast 62ZBBM20 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- 5. Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower
- 6. John Deere Z345M 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- 7. RYOBI 42 in. 100 Ah Battery Electric Riding Zero Turn Mower RY48ZTR100
- 8. Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
- 9. Cub Cadet ZT1 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- 10. Ariens IKON XD 52
- Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying Zero Turn Mowers
- FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Zero Turn Mowers
Nowadays, life has become very hectic and is full of hustle and bustle. One can hardly find time to sit free in the yard or lawn in front of his villa or home. However, it’s very mandatory to maintain the yard. This will give you a comfortable feeling and prevent the spread of insects and other types of vermin.
So, one should maintain their yard and should avoid the overgrowth of the grass. This can be accomplished by using zero-turn mowers. They provide an excellent and euphoric ride along with the cutting of unnecessary grasses and plants.
The maintenance of different playing grounds like golf grounds and football grounds is essential to keep the grass at a certain level to enjoy the sports.
10 Best Zero Turn Mowers Review
Here are some of the best zero turn mowers that are highly used among people. We reviewed them precisely to make your strenuous work very easy and convenient.
- Best Overall: Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit Riding Lawn Mower
- Best Quality: Cub Cadet ZT1 50 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Best Speed Option: Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Mower
- Best Budget Option: Beast 62ZBBM20 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Best in Reliability: Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower
- Best for Bumpy Areas: John Deere Z345M 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Best in Versatility: RYOBI 42 in. 100 Ah Battery Electric Riding Zero Turn Mower RY48ZTR100
- Best Runner-up: Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
- Best for Flexible cuts: Cub Cadet ZT1 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Best in Innovation: Ariens IKON-X
1. Troy-Bilt Mustang Fit Riding Lawn, Mower
- 34-inches large cutting pitch
- Dual-blade system makes grass cutting seamless
- Dual-hydrostatic transmission with excellent engine power
- Warranty is available
- Unpacking it from the crate is challenging
The design of this product is almost similar to that of a traditional lawnmower. It works very effectively, quickly, and efficiently.
Its design makes you work freely and provides you with more control while working or trimming the grass over hilly or uneven surfaces. Its 34 inches moving pitch and twin-blade system make it very unique and highly appreciable.
Its fuel capacity is 2.8 gallons with a horsepower engine. The back-mounted leaf blower allows you to clear out the debris that is left during cutting. It consists of a high back seat too with ample legroom for your comfortability.
2. Cub Cadet ZT1 50 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Seat is quite large and comfortable
- Anti-corrosion steel tubular frame
- Durable and reliable
- Three years long warranty period
- May develop mechanical issues
This product is made of a strong tubular steel frame and possesses a highly comfortable back seat with wide leg space for easy control, making it ideal for usage. It has all the features that a user needs for professional and excellent cutting.
This has a cutting width of 50 inches with three blades system and a grass bagging system. The twin cylinders increase the mower’s power and make you able to work efficiently and in a short period.
The fuel capacity is 3.5 gallons with a 23-horsepower engine. The adjustable deck height ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches makes it user-friendly. Thus, it is one of the most desirable products.
3. Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Mower
- Reliable and strong Kawasaki engine
- Huge cooling fan keeps things cool during longer sessions
- 3.5 gallons of fuel capacity
- Excellent mowing and movement speeds
- Mower does not come with headlights
Husqvarna has fabulous features, and its design is very compact and agile. This is powered by the Kawasaki engine, which plays one of the leading roles in the market.
Its 21-horsepower engine allows the user to complete their work very efficiently in a shorter period. The ideal cooling system with an oversized fan of the engine makes it durable and long-lasting.
The 54 inches cutting deck is made up of heavy flat steel that increases its durability. The design with ergonomic features provides the comfort of superior quality. One can easily work in his yard with minimal effort. It is one of those products that are highly in demand and also admired by the users.
4. Beast 62ZBBM20 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- Speedy ride with high capacity fuel tank
- 25-horsepower powerful engine
- Easy to operate
- Works effectively and efficiently with 62-inches cutting width
- Sometimes hydrostatic leakage might occur but not always
As the name indicates, this product is of excellent quality and just like a beast in nature. This product is beneficial for playgrounds, golf fields, and yards greater than 5 acres.
This can hold 7.5 gallons of gas fuel and has 62 inches cutting width with three blades. The 25-horsepower engine makes it unique for grass cutting of bumpy and uneven areas and helps finish the work in less time.
It has halogen headlights, which make the mowing of the lawn easy at night too. It is a high-quality lawnmower, a full package consisting of a commercial high grad deck, a comfortable seat with a seat belt, and a cup holder.
5. Husqvarna MZ61 61 in. 27 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower
- Great Traction uphill
- 27-horsepower strong engine
- Comfortable seat
- Adjustable deck and cutting system
- Vibration-free smooth working
- Servicing is very challenging
- Handling of steering may be difficult
This product is made up of steel material, weighs 770 pounds, and is gas-powered, as indicated by the name. This is a commercial-grade zero turn mower with a highly specialized design.
The deck lifting system allows the user to make seat adjustments according to the comfortable level because of its ergonomic nature. The high back seat is highly comfortable as they have armrests too, and you can mow your lawns easily.
There are also vibration absorbers and hand grips for an easy and convenient ride. It consists of a 9-bushel triple bag too for collecting the wastes or clippings. This lawnmower is perfect for large areas.
6. John Deere Z345M 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- 22-horsepower engine can handle most lawn mowing tasks without a sweat
- Offers Ready Start Technology
- Give flexible cutting height
- Useful over bumpy and hilly areas
- Not suitable for large areas
John Deere is ideal for homeowners having yards of 2 to 5 acres in their villas. It works smoothly over bumpy areas and on hills as the rear wheels are reliable, large, and have a strong frame.
The 42 inches cutting deck with three blades and 22 horsepower engine satisfies the customer’s needs amazingly. It has Start Technology that s it to start quickly, just like a car without any pulling force. The foot platform can easily be removed out and can be fitted later for cleaning purposes.
This product is highly in demand, especially for commercial use, as it is perfect for bumpy areas. They are high-maintenance lawnmowers that work efficiently and are long-lasting.
7. RYOBI 42 in. 100 Ah Battery Electric Riding Zero Turn Mower RY48ZTR100
- Rechargeable battery
- Can cover 3 acres per charge
- Zero emissions and fully electric
- Less maintenance required
- Factory batteries do not last long
RYOBI lawnmower is durable and of the best quality because it is not an engine-based mower but is an electric zero turn lawn mower that provides you with the smooth cutting of grasses of your lawn.
This is powered by a rechargeable battery with four brushless motors. This product gives high power without any fuel smell like gas, petrol, etc., once charged, it can be used over 3 acres.
The cutting is effective with 42 inches cutting width and two blades. It is effortless and convenient to use as it does not require any special expertise to use it. Even a common person or layman can use it very well.
8. Gardena 4069 R80Li Robotic Lawnmower
- Emission-free device
- Does not make any noise
- Light-weight build and frame offers portability
- Robotic features handle the lawn mowing tasks without user intervention
- Lack of programmability
Gardena lawnmower is not like an ordinary mower but is an automatic and robotic lawn mower with exceptionally wonderful features. This product is noise and theft free. Even if you have never experienced someone stealing your lawn lower, you still have no certainty over it. It’s better to have theft-proof technology because who knows?
Being battery-powered, it is easy to use, install, and maintain. It is perfect for all types of lawns and yards. It works very efficiently and is user-friendly. Its weight is only 16.5 pounds. It mows the lawn on its own. It is one of the masterpieces that are highly in demand and are also recommended by thousands of users.
9. Cub Cadet ZT1 42 Zero Turn Lawn Mower
- High quality LED lights makes it easier to mow the lawn
- Pre-programmed 15-settings cutting system
- Requires Less maintenance
- Consist of a comfortable cushioned back seat
- Suitable only for 2 to 3-acre area
This product offers excellent engine power with perfect cutting and an impressively comfortable ride. It is known as one of the most efficient gardening tools. It possesses an integrated 15 settings cutting system ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches for flexible and precise cuts. Thus, if you always had a bad experience of uneven cut, you can say goodbye to the trouble and mow your lawn carefree.
LED headlights with a comfortable cushioned back make it very unique in terms of working. Who wouldn’t want a modest style with the utmost comfort combined in one? 22 horsepower engine and 3.5 gallons fuel capacity with 42 cutting width increase the efficiency of the working. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about refueling it again and again. You can just fill it up and go many yards.
10. Ariens IKON XD 52
- Has 52 inches wide cutting area
- Excellent 23 hp engine by Kawasaki
- Very effective on steep surfaces
- Highly durable – sturdy frame and build
- May make so much noise
The Ariens IKON-X, with its ergonomic design, is a perfect product made of sturdy material. Other than superior comfort, this product offers 52 inches cutting width and 23 horsepower engine built by Kawasaki. Not only the horse-powered engine will assist you in achieving the perfect cut, but it will also ease your experience by facilitating a smooth flow. You will have to put in less effort in pushing the machine.
This most strenuous and arduous product will assure the user that they have made the right use of their money. This offers exact and efficient cutting. They are very versatile in their function. This is available with all its accessories in a generic box. The company provides three years warranty.
Buyer’s Guide – What You Need to Know Before Buying Zero Turn Mowers
Buying accurate and perfect zero turn mowers is very difficult nowadays. Before buying, one should know about the following things to make the right use of money and time.
Before buying an instrument, one should know about the cutting width or cutting deck of the zero-turn mower. This depends on the size of sharp blades that cut the grass, and they may be two or three in number. The Greater the length of the blade, the more the cutting width and vice versa.
One should know about the engine quality of the zero-turn mower. It might be of different companies and different horsepower. Nowadays, engines built by the Kawasaki company are considered more accurate, sturdy, durable, and long-lasting. However, the engine capacity is usually measured in horsepower. Normally, ranging from 20 to 30 horsepower, engines work very well for zero turn mowers.
Yard size is also essential to keep in mind while buying the zero-turn lawnmower as the gas-operated lawn mowers are an excellent choice for large yards and lawns. In contrast, the electric or battery-operated lawn mowers are good for a short lease than 1 or 2 acres.
Type of wheels
Some land mowers have robust rear wheels that are usually not good for balance. However, lawnmowers having uniform-sized wheels are usually more acceptable and durable.
The zero-turn lawn mower’s construction material depends on the body of the lawnmower as the lightweight lawn mowers are made up of stamped steel. In contrast, heavy machines are made up of welded steel along with different iron parts.
The battery mowers are usually preferred as they are straightforward to use and provide more battery timing and more working. Not any special expertise is required for working while operating chargeable lawnmowers.
Gas lawn mowers have different fuel capacities, but the problem is that they create noise and fumes emissions that are not user friendly and eco friendly, but they are heavy and long-lasting.
Types of zero-turn mowers
There are different types of zero-turn mowers, like, steering wheels, lap bar, joystick, standUp, etc. Every user buys the zero-turn lawn mower according to his budget and specification. Some people are more comfortable with steering wheel zero-turn lawn mowers because they resemble cars etc. Landscaping lawn mowers are very useful for large lawns and golf grounds.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Zero Turn Mowers
Here are some of the questions that are frequently asked by the customers about zero-turn lawnmowers. We are glad to answer those questions to make you more comfortable and convenient.
1. What are zero turn mowers?
They are just like tractors but mini in size. They possess a pair of levers that allow them to work efficiently, pushing one cause to move forward and vice versa. Their speed is more than tractors. They can easily operate around the obstacles and hindrances like trees, bumpy areas, and hilly tops.
2. Do zero turn mowers have brakes?
Most lawn mowers do not have any foot pedal brakes. However, the speed of the lawnmowers is determined by the level of the lever. If the lever is neutral, the machine will not move forward. Lever usually decides the speed of the lawnmower.
3. What are the types of zero turn mowers?
There are different types of zero turn mowers, but they all will have the same basic design. These, According to their users, can be used for residential purposes or commercial purposes. Residential zero turn mowers provide less acreage of working and vice versa.
4. Which type of zero turn mowers should be preferred?
Although all the types of zero-turn mowers are good, battery-operated zero turn mowers are usually preferred due to their easy use and portability. They do not require any special type of maintenance. One-time charging can work up to 2 to 3 hours.
5. What things should be considered while buying a zero turn mowers?
Mainly three things should be kept in mind while purchasing a zero turn mower, the engine’s horsepower, its cutting deck or width, the number of blades, and the last thing is the fuel carrying capacity in terms of gallons. Usually, two to above fuel carrying capacity is considered good. And the cutting deck ranges from 40 inches onwards.
6. How to maintain the zero turn mowers?
The maintenance generally involves:
Cleaning of the machine
Sharpening of the blades that create the cutting deck or make the cutting precise and flexible
After usage, place the machine inside the room as rusting might start on the welded iron parts. So in a cold environment, it is better to keep it in a moist free place to avoid corrosion or rusting due to oxidation.
In short, cleanliness is essential as unhygienic conditions allow bacterial and viral growth, resulting in disease production and transmission. Grass usually provides the medium for bacterial growth and allows the vectors to grow. So, oversized grass should be cut out, and to make it very convenient, different lawn mowers are designed. Each quality has its pros and cons. One can buy easily by seeking guidance from here.
However, battery-operated zero turn mowers are in fashion due to their convenient use and simplicity, and also they are user friendly with zero emissions of fuel and noise.