Have you deleted your iPhone messages accidentally or cleared those for space? We can retrieve all of your deleted text messages on your iPhone.
There are many easy ways to recover your messages like retrieving from recent backup from iCloud, iTunes, from your computer, or third-party applications.
There might be the case that while you restoring the messages you overwrite the other important data and lose some which you defiantly don’t want.
So follow our instructions step by step to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone.
How to Recover Deleted Messages with iCloud Recovery
If you do regular backup your iPhone to iCloud then you can easily recover your deleted messages. Here’s how to recover deleted messages with iCloud.
- Open Settings
- At the top, tap Name/Picture, Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
- Tap iCloud.
- Scroll and tap iCloud Backup, to check the backup time and different backups to recover the one you have before deleting the messages.
Before you restore the backup you have to erase your iPhone content and settings to recover the data from the backup.
Here’s how to reset your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Choose Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Choose the second option: Erase Now in the pop up confirmation menu.
Note: Don’t choose backup then Erase you will end up losing all the data and not be able to recover the data.
Everything has been erased from your iPhone now and it’s a new device.
It’s important to follow the step-by-step instructions until you come to the Apps & Data page.
- On the Apps & Data page, choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter passwords asked from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to Choose backup, then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud. Choose the most recent one that predates the deletion of the text messages.
- Once your iPhone has been restored you may have to login to your accounts and apps.
Here’s how to restore your iPhone from Finder (macOS Catalina)
- Connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable
- You can see your iPhone in Finder Under Location. Click on your device name.
- Click Manage Backups and list of backups will appear.
- Check the backups to confirm that it’s made before deleting those messages. Click Ok.
- Click “Restore [device].
- Restoring may take sometime depend upon the backup size. Once it’s restore you can see everything back to normal and your messages will be recovered.